[Eeglablist] PhD Position in Decision Neuroscience at Erasmus University Rotterdam

Maarten A.S. Boksem Maarten at boksem.nl
Wed Nov 21 07:06:35 PST 2018

We seek outstanding applicants whose research interests lie at the
intersection of psychology, economics, marketing and neuroscience and who
are interested in studying the brain mechanisms that underlie judgement and
decision-making. Particular interests of our group are the neural
underpinnings of persuasive messaging, social influences on choice, emotion
regulation and (dis)honesty. In particular, we focus on linking neural
measures obtained from individuals to real market-level choice data.
However, candidates have a large say in the precise focus of their project.

For the current project, we are especially looking for applicants who have
an interest in or experience with innovative fMRI methods, such as
multi-voxel pattern analysis (MVPA) and representational similarity
analysis (RSA), as well as neural reliability (inter-subject correlations
in neural activity), or multivariate approaches to EEG data analyses, and
who would be interested in applying these techniques to study (real-world)
choice behaviour. Experience with and interest in applying these advanced
techniques is a definite plus. However, candidates with a less technical
focus and a more general interest in how neuroscience can inform
decision-making are also invited to apply.
In addition to fMRI and EEG, we make use of eye-tracking, facial coding,
and behavioural measures in our research. Experience with EEG and/or fMRI
is required for this position.

Interested candidates can apply through the ERIM website (
tinyurl.com/ya7fop73). Application deadline January 15, 2019. For more
information about this position, please contact Ale Smidts (asmidts at rsm.nl)
or Maarten Boksem (mboksem at rsm.nl).

Reference: ERIM PhD 2019 RSM MKT DN1