[Eeglablist] Methods question: Resting EEG and machine learning

Delorme, Arnaud adelorme at ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 19 16:58:52 PDT 2020

Dear Rachel,

Attached is a good review on deep learning (I think the same conclusion would apply to regular machine learning) and EEG. About 40% of the models train models on the raw data and the rest on extracted features obtained from the raw data. Using the raw data is thus common although my intuition is that you would need more data so the model can “learn” to extract features from it.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1741-2552/ab0ab5__;!!Mih3wA!UIs-hhNNknupFaXD3LdK0m8AqhodZMNYwVqlSshXKYwlpMx84XIP_wTUaorB9UlxWY67ew$

Best wishes,

Arno