[Eeglablist] I7 vs i9

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 30 12:21:03 PDT 2020

Dear Stefano,

> An ICA decomposition on 128 channels sampled at 2048 Hz takes 8minutes
for 30' EEG. Not bad.

You mean, ICA decomposition of 128-ch data sampled at 2048 Hz for 30-min
long took only 8 min?
That is impressive.

Processing speed of infomax algorithm implemented in EEGLAB is also
affected by how clean the data is. With clean data, the iterative steps go
faster.

I remember last time when I used CUDAICA, the update was so fast that my
remotely-connected desk top could no longer update the command line log.

Makoto