[Eeglablist] Installing CUDAICA on Windows 10 (2021 update)

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 10 22:02:10 PST 2021

Dear list members,

I summarized the steps to install cudaica() which uses GPU computation to
calculate infomax ICA (Raimondo et al., 2012). The result from the speed
comparison between runica() and cudaica() was not as dramatic as x25
reported by the original paper, probably because Tjerk's smart hack alone
already gave x4-5 speed up to runica(). Still, using a relatively cheap
GTX1660 (the pre-COVID price range is $250), I confirmed x4-5 speed up
compared with runica(). The detailed instruction can be found in the
following link.

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_useful_EEGLAB_code#By_using_CUDAICA_.2811.2F10.2F2021_added.29

WARNING: The installation was difficult.