[Eeglablist] Sorting baseline and stimulus-related epochs

Renzo Lanfranco renzo.lanfranco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 06:03:28 PDT 2023

Dear EEGLAB community,

I hope someone can help me with a problem: In this tactile experiment, each trial contains a 2-second period of nothing (to be used as baseline) and a sequence of 5 stimuli (ISI = 1 second). I need to epoch these data in an unconventional way: I need to copy the baseline period and paste it before each stimulus-related epoch, thus creating new and longer epochs.

For example, a given trial has event label for start, then 2 seconds of wait. Then stimulus 1, then stimulus 2, etc (ISI = 1 second). Simply put, what I need to do is to copy the baseline epoch (2 s long), and paste it at the beginning of each stimulus-related epoch (1 s long), thus, resulting in five 3-second epochs. Put simple, each trial’s epochs need to share the same baseline – the 2-second period of “nothing”.

Thank you very much for the help!

Best,
Renzo