[Eeglablist] Why most of good 'brain' ICs are 'dipolar' with 'red'-centerd scalp topos, although 2/3 of the cortex is in sulci?

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 08:51:03 PST 2024

Paul Nunez wrote that capacitive effects don't really apply until the mHz
range, not the EEG-relevant <1 kHz... The skull is not a single bone layer,
of course. I have seen models attempting to separately model its 3 layers
(including the central spongiform) - but other analyses concluding that a
single-layer lumped model should be adequate.

Scott

--
Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of