[Eeglablist] Spatial topography after ICA

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 31 09:43:15 PST 2024

Hi Knut,

For n-th IC,

EEG.icawinv(:,n)

figure
topoplot(EEG.icawinv(:,n), EEG.chanlocs)

Read also this paper if you are interested. This paper frightened some
researchers. But in short, as long as you use EEG.icawinv, you are fine. My
understanding is that the above paper gives you a warning that you can't do
the same with EEG.icaweights(n,:). Someone please tell me if I'm wrong here.

Haufe S, Meinecke F, Görgen K, Dähne S, Haynes JD, Blankertz B, Bießmann F.
(2014).  On the interpretation of weight vectors of linear models in
multivariate neuroimaging. Neuroimage. 87:96-110. DOI:
10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.10.067, PMID: 24239590

Makoto