[Eeglablist] Inconsistent statistical output from cluster-based permutation

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 4 08:56:06 PST 2024

Hi Noelle,

You have two solutions. One is impractical, the other one is superficial.

1. You use full combinations of permutations. This is impractical.
2. You use rng() to set a random seed before using functions that involve
random number generation.

Usually, we give up exact reproducibility when using permutation and
bootstrap tests. We use a large number of iterations such as 10,000 times
to make it acceptably stable.

Makoto