[Eeglablist] montecarlo/permutation stats default params

Ozge Karakale ozge.karakale at adelaide.edu.au
Sun Mar 17 18:06:41 PDT 2024

Hi all,

I have a STUDY design and I'm running monte carlo permutation statistics on 128-chan EEG data using default parameters. Specifically, on the GUI, I select Use Fieldtrip Statistics, change Statistical threshold to 0.05 or leave it as exact, select either "do not correct for multiple comparisons" or "cluster correction" , and leave Randomization (n) as auto (default). When I correct for multiple comparisons, it tells me in the command window that it has generated 4000 permutations. When I do not correct for multiple comparisons, it generates 200 permutations. Could someone tell me how these number of permutations are generated? In other words, what is the default parameters for the input "Randomization (n): auto"? Thank you very much!

Ozge

[cid:image001.png at 01DA7928.8BAF1190]