[Eeglablist] Muscles Movement Intention Detection

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:46:46 PDT 2024

Hi Faruk,

Plot after filtering, the plot is blank because you plotted before removing DC offset.

No need to to Cleanline since you lowpass at 5 Hz, which is too low by the way for ERP. Common cutoff frequencies are 15 or 20 hz (still no need to do cleanline since you are removing line noise already).

To remove bad data, you can also use the clean_rawdata plugin (in Tools), to use the artifact subspace reconstruction method (ASR) to remove bad segments (do not use reconstruct if using ICA).

Yes, if you want to remove the independent components from the data, you have to flag them (manually or with the ICLabel plugin that automatically classifies them into classes). In Tools > Flag components (to flag them), and then Tools > Remove components from data.

Default in EEGLAB is to flag them, and remove them at the STUDY level. But you can also remove them here individually to fine tune your preprocessing.

Hope this helps,

Cedric