[Eeglablist] Interpreting ICA scalp maps

Faruk Alioglu alio.faruk61 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 07:31:41 PDT 2024

Hello everyone,

In my project, I performed dorsiflexions of the foot as soon as cues
occurred. Only the right foot was used.

I processed the data in EEGLAB with the following steps:

   1. import of data, channel locations and event information
   2. extraction of epochs
   3. removing the baseline values
   4. decompose by ICA

I then have the following problem, I don’t know how to use the ICA
Component maps.

I have the following questions:

   - what shows me in the colorbars of the ICA maps slight hints of
   activity for actual movement. I mean, for example, what are the indications
   of activity for actual movements, e.g. whether it is in the blue or red
   area on the colorbar.

-Apart from that, I would be happy if you could look over my ICA cards and
maybe find hints for actual movements of the right foot, because I am very
unsure.

Thanks.

[image: image.png]

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail__;!!Mih3wA!Fq5l6CCWtAA9m8zOqo8d4vjbAxp1Q6sUMIX2orkaijPmFD3ixK89T1BeZmUjIAZEy5HLTg4hWtMWBfdCRfs2zVzAKVM$ >
Virenfrei.https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.avast.com__;!!Mih3wA!Fq5l6CCWtAA9m8zOqo8d4vjbAxp1Q6sUMIX2orkaijPmFD3ixK89T1BeZmUjIAZEy5HLTg4hWtMWBfdCRfs27y17M5c$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail__;!!Mih3wA!Fq5l6CCWtAA9m8zOqo8d4vjbAxp1Q6sUMIX2orkaijPmFD3ixK89T1BeZmUjIAZEy5HLTg4hWtMWBfdCRfs2zVzAKVM$ >
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>