[Eeglablist] problem with pop_saveset

K Jeffrey Eriksen jeriksen at downeurobiology.org
Wed Mar 27 14:09:13 PDT 2024

I have a problem with pop_saveset that suddenly appeared at a seemingly random point in my pipeline. My outer loop runs through a set of subjects' SET files, and eventually saves 12 SET files for each input SET file, two for each of six frequency bands. After doing this for 39 input SET files, on the 40th it creates the first 8 output SET files and then throws the error below for the first of two files for the 5th frequency band. All the input and output SET files are the exact same size for each run. I traced the issue to line 278 in pop_saveset where it has failed to save the file in any of the accepted file versions. The error message indicates there might be Unicode characters involved, but I do no manipulation of characters. The outer loop has been working for a long time on this same input data set of 56 input SET files. All I have changed recently is to do some normalization of the timeseries data, which does not change the size of the data structures.

Please advise ASAP on what I can try to do to nail down the cause, this is holding up my project.

Thanks,
-Jeff Eriksen

Saving dataset...
Saving dataset...
Saving dataset...
Saving dataset...
Saving dataset...
Saving dataset...
Saving dataset...
Saving dataset...
Saving dataset...
Re-saving file using the 7.3 format that can handle large variables
Cannot save in v6 format (Unicode characters?), using default (possible x20 slow down)
Error using pop_saveset
Error using save
Unable to write file 'D:\Sorg_memory_project\BU
lab\Budata\all_cue_react\Bu55_s20\run2\gama1.set'.

Error in save_eeglab_set_file (line 9)
EEG = pop_saveset(EEG,'filename',catname,'filepath',sesPath);
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains important information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.