[Eeglablist] Research Assistant position in the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language

Choi, Arim Arim.Choi at tufts.edu
Mon Apr 29 07:21:54 PDT 2024

Research Assistant Position

START DATE: May 2024 - July 2024

JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW: We are seeking a full time Research Assistant to assist with projects investigating the cognitive neuroscience of language processing in healthy adults and psychiatric populations (primarily schizophrenia). We use multi-modal imaging techniques and computational modeling to probe these research questions. For more information about the lab and our current lines of research, see: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://kuperberg.mgh.harvard.edu/publications/__;!!Mih3wA!AZj2tFtCx_JfXtLCncPlEVq3rIvNd015OjE5i_b9zsTjxqilD1GA8Vg0L-n1DG_0PTnGVXhYMsB8R2Auex6xvjIqprk$ . The responsibilities of this position are varied and involve the coordination of all aspects of a research project, including developing stimuli, collecting and analyzing EEG data, statistical analysis, scientific manuscript writing, and maintaining the day-to-day operations of the lab.

In addition to the intellectual reward, the position would give the holder experience of research in experimental psychology, cognitive neuroscience, psycholinguistics, clinical applications, as well as database and program management. This is an ideal research opportunity for someone bound for graduate school in cognitive neuroscience, psycholinguistics or cognitive psychology. Our lab is located at Tufts University (Medford, MA) and the Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, MGH (Charlestown, MA) and easily accessible from Boston, MA.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS:

(1)          B.A., B.Sc. degree in Experimental Psychology, Linguistics, computer science, or a closely related field.

(2)          Strong interest in how language is processed in the brain.

(3)          Very strong quantitative and analytic skills and comfort with programs such as Excel and Powerpoint.

(4)          Some research experience with statistics and familiarity with statistical analysis software such as SPSS or R.

(5)          Very strong organizational skills: Must be self-motivated, resourceful, very organized; able to multi-task and prioritize.

(6)          Strong computational skills and some programming experience (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB)

(7)          Ability to work well in teams, with strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.

(8)          A two-year time commitment is requested.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:

Previous experience on ERP data collection and analysis

OTHER:

Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Tufts University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Full-time employees receive full benefits.

TO APPLY:

Please complete our online application at this link: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tufts.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bfwkUd0k7iAhG1U__;!!Mih3wA!AZj2tFtCx_JfXtLCncPlEVq3rIvNd015OjE5i_b9zsTjxqilD1GA8Vg0L-n1DG_0PTnGVXhYMsB8R2Auex6xlkHT2mU$

CONTACT:

Please direct any questions regarding the application to Arim Choi at Arim.Choi at tufts.edu

Arim Choi Perrachione, M.A.
Senior Research Manager, NeuroCognition of Language Lab
Dept. of Psychology, Tufts University
arim.choi at tufts.edu<mailto:arim.choi at tufts.edu>
P: 617-627-2454
F: 617-627-3181