[Eeglablist] Fwd: Can I used ICA for rTMS-EEG data?

Mary Mahmoodi mahmoodi.mary67 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 01:00:34 PDT 2024

To everyone uses ICA

Have you ever encountered such noisy data with lots of baseline variations?

I would like to know your idea on the current data I have, *the EEG during
rTMS*, which has lots of baseline variations.
As you know, rTMS produces decay artrfact. This data (blue signal) is after
decay artrfact correction and usual detrending.
The green signal is achieved by an other method.
However, due to reasons I would like to process it with ICA, the standard
accepted method in community.

*Can I handle it with ICA or any plugin in EEGLAB with minimum data loss? *

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

The blue signals are samples of what I have.
64 channel signals during 15 minutes rTMS, 30 trains of 10 s, followed by
20 s inter-train rest intervals.

I showed the blue signal after usual detrending to prove that *usual
detrending doesn't work out on this signal*.
The green signal is baseline corrected and denoised blue signal, by my
method, which is not ICA.

I know that, *before ICA*, I have to detrend the data and correct
the baseline in order to correct outliers.
However, the usual detrending doesn't work out as you see the FP1 still has
not been detrended.
Due to reasons, I have to complete whole process with eeglab, how I can
handle this data based on eeglab plugins. Which plugin?

Has anyone experience with similar data at rest but with such baseline
variations?

*Thanks *
*Mary*