[Eeglablist] Inquiry: Tool for measuring transient oscillatory events in continuous EEG

Brian Harvey brian.harvey at biogen.com
Thu May 2 18:15:24 PDT 2024

EEGlab enthusiasts,

I am interested in neurodevelopmental disorders (pre-clinical neurophysiologist stretching wings into human EEG), particularly transient events in continuously acquired EEG records. I am hoping that I am not alone in the community and some tools already exist to investigate such types of events (like sleep spindles but, during wakefulness). I am uncertain if images translate well through this email list so a link below will bring up an image example of such an EEG record (120 sec snippet) - Note the transient events are in the high delta-low theta frequencies. I have ideas on how to estimate these features but always try to avoid re-inventing wheels, when possible, especially if published or pressure tested.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ibb.co/PckJN1X__;!!Mih3wA!FZdvsHIeiCMYevM2ozqzHrkZ8yejTUdpGoyvpTWlCjiAh9lGwNNOJacnDsP2B-y526JlPJoR49Dy-MJyILIT7GwXJpD_$
[https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://i.ibb.co/wSt8RpG/Sample.jpg__;!!Mih3wA!FZdvsHIeiCMYevM2ozqzHrkZ8yejTUdpGoyvpTWlCjiAh9lGwNNOJacnDsP2B-y526JlPJoR49Dy-MJyILIT7HBUclk1$ ]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ibb.co/PckJN1X__;!!Mih3wA!FZdvsHIeiCMYevM2ozqzHrkZ8yejTUdpGoyvpTWlCjiAh9lGwNNOJacnDsP2B-y526JlPJoR49Dy-MJyILIT7GwXJpD_$ >
Sample hosted at ImgBB<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ibb.co/PckJN1X__;!!Mih3wA!FZdvsHIeiCMYevM2ozqzHrkZ8yejTUdpGoyvpTWlCjiAh9lGwNNOJacnDsP2B-y526JlPJoR49Dy-MJyILIT7GwXJpD_$ >
Image Sample hosted in ImgBB
ibb.co

Brian Harvey