[Eeglablist] mff events to Brainvision

Roy Cox roycox.roycox at gmail.com
Fri May 3 03:57:01 PDT 2024

thanks Arno,

nice that pop_mffimport already allows arbitrary selection of mff event
fields to concatenate. I see that it's possible to either use a popup
window (as you mention), or to specify the mff fields of interest using the
"typefield" argument.

that now brings me to a new problem: we have thousands of mff recordings
with many different combinations of custom event fields in them, and I
don't know ahead of time which are present.

I was already looking into whether I could get the event fields present
from something like "mff_importevents(mffFile, begtime, EEG.srate,
correctEvents)", but that sends me back to first getting the begtime and
srate (and first calling mff_importinfo etc).

do you see a simple way to either 1) get a quick read on all the event
fields present in the mff (so that they can be supplied as "typefield" to
pop_mffimport), and/or 2) directly concatenate all mff fields present
(e.g., something like pop_mffimport('filename','all') would be ideal)

- roy