[Eeglablist] interpretation of weights on scalp maps

Scott Makeig smakeig at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 27 16:09:58 PST 2003

You are correct. The plotting convention in EEGLAB is that 0 = green.
Thus, component map projections colored red and blue may be equal in
amplitude (but opposite in polarity). The (back)projection of a
component to the scalp data (e.g., in uV) is the product of this map
with the component 'activation' time course. So, pos*pos=pos,
neg*neg=pos,pos*neg=neg,... The same applies to any linear decomposition
of the data, properly considered.

Scott Makeig