[Eeglablist] Channel locations

Gaurav Srivastava gauravs at stanford.edu
Tue May 6 16:58:59 PDT 2003

Hi,
I am curious as to why exactly do we need the channel location file while
performing ICA analysis in EEGLAB. Are the electrode separations used in
some way to determine the mixing matrix? Because intuitively it makes sense
that any electrode far away from an independent neurological source will
have less contribution from it than an electrode nearer to it.

Also if we are making simultaneous EKG measurements and want to include
these channels in ICA analysis, what will be their electrode locations ?

Best Regards,
Gaurav.

*** Keep the faith. It's too precious to lose. ***
Gaurav Srivastava,
Graduate Student, EE
Stanford University, CA 94305