[Eeglablist] Locating 3d probe positions onto a 2d Projection

Jeffrey Philp jphi047 at ec.auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 1 13:27:02 PST 2004

Hi Everyone,

As part of a research project I am part of at the University of Auckland in New
Zealand, I have to transform the 3d positions of the EEG probes on the skull
onto a 2d projection for visualisation purposes.  I have had a look at several
spherical and conical projections and they all seem to distort quite heavily at
quite important locations.  I was wondering if anyone could please reconmend a
method of projecting these positions that they have found useful.

Many thanks,
Jeffrey