[Eeglablist] Question on the legal use of EEGLAB

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Fri Dec 31 09:40:15 PST 2004

Dear Young,

yes you may use figures produced by dipplot() in your publications. The
dipplot() functions is distributed under the public GNU license and it
uses the standard MNI brain which is also public domain. You should cite
the EEGLAB paper for dipplot():

A Delorme & S Makeig. EEGLAB: an open source toolbox for analysis of
single-trial EEG dynamics, Journal of Neuroscience Methods 134:9-21 (2004)

as well as the DIPFIT plugin if you used it for fitting dipoles (it is
not technically part of EEGLAB). You may cite the DIPFIT plugin web page:

Oostenvelt, R., Delorme, A., Makeig, S. (2003) DIPFIT: Equivalent dipole
source localization of independent components.
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/dipfittut/dipfit.html. Web publication.