[Eeglablist] EEG.icaact vs. ICAcomp

hughgs at duke.edu hughgs at duke.edu
Sun Nov 19 17:59:18 PST 2006

I'm trying to understand the interfaces to the fastica algorithm and am
having a problem with the difference between EEG.icaact computed by
eeg_checkset and the "icasig" output from fastica().

It seems that the two should be relatively equivalent but when I check the
difference between the two I find that,

max(max(abs(EEG.icaact - ICAcomp))) = 3,
where ICAcomp is the variable used by pop_runica() when running fastica().

I'm using the eeglab_data.set that was shipped with the EEGLAB v5.03 as my
data set.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.

George S. Hugh
261 Hudson Annex
(919)660-5167
hughgs at duke.edu