[Eeglablist] High Pass filter, ICA, binica and "Index of element to remove exceeds matrix dimensions."

Aydamari Faria Junior ayda_granada at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 11 06:47:21 PST 2007

Dear EEGLAB users,

Here I have some VERY basic questions related to EEG analysis in EEGLAB... I have already searched over our list archives and couldn't find answers for them. Thanks in advance!

High Pass filters

1) Is it possible to set a high pass filter of 0.01? I mean, I am speaking about hardware and/or Matlab memory settings. How would it be possible? I was not able to set any high pass filter lower than 0.5, and my data is from a 32 channels montage, no more than 20 minutes of register @ 256hz of sampling rate. (*.cnt, ANT)

My computer has an AMD 64 3200+ processor, with 2 Gb of RAM and virtual memory set to 3 Gb...

ICA and BINICA

2) ICA. I don´t know the reason (or if it is REALLY normal) but performing an ICA here takes at least 40 minutes. I tried the fastica and it is ok - takes less than 5 minutes - but I have read, more than once, that it is not stable and reliable. Is it true? I´ve already tried to run the binica (under windows XP) as well, but the old executable file that is in the EEGLAB webpage doesn't work and I didn't find any other that works under win XP... Is it possible? How?

ICA PROBLEMS

3) About ICA again: after the procedure, when I try to plot the results, I get the message "Index of element to remove exceeds matrix dimensions." I have tried it under Matlab 14, 13 and EEGLAB 5.03 and 4.515. Really don't know what to do. Any suggestions??

THANKS A LOT AGAIN!

Aydamari
Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es