[Eeglablist] ICA speed

Hecke hecke at nld.ds.mpg.de
Wed Jan 31 05:20:10 PST 2007

Hi all,

I'm interested in an average running speed of the ICA decomposition.

EEG = pop_runica( EEG, 'icatype', 'runica', 'dataset', CURRENTSET, ...
                      'extended', 1, 'verbose', 'on');

takes about several hours while using a dataset of 63 electrodes an a
recording time of approx. 45 minutes. I already resampled the data from
5000Hz to 500Hz, but ICA is not remarkably faster.
It is running on a 64bit Opteron at 2.4 GHz with 32 GB Ram...

Is this normal? Or do I make some mistakes?

thanx
	Hecke