[Eeglablist] Clustering / ICA sign ambiguity

Julie Onton julie at sccn.ucsd.edu
Sun Feb 18 21:52:15 PST 2007

The ERP clustering should be set to take the absolute value of the PCA weights during clustering,
which would account for sign ambiguity. This should be made clear in the documentation if it is
not already (please let us know if it is not).

The scalp maps I am less sure about, but I believe they are clustered by the square of the scalp
maps. Again, please let us know if this is not explained in the STUDY documentation. It should be
made clear.

Best,  Julie

--
Julie Onton, PhD