[Eeglablist] Working with 2gb+ data files

Jacob E. Anderson jakey at nmsu.edu
Mon Apr 16 16:14:19 PDT 2007

I recently encountered a problem saving a .SET file larger than 2gigs.  Since
our lab uses MATLAB (r2007a), I was a bit puzzled because I assumed the size
limitation had been fixed in the new release of MATLAB.  After following the
error messages, we figured out that a change was needed to the MAT-File setting
that EEGLAB uses within the "pop_saveset.m" function from '-v6' to '-v7.3' on
Line 496.

You'll need a version of MATLAB that's capable of using the '-v7.3' setting, but
I thought this info might be helpful to others.

Jake

"I have no lid upon my head, but if I did, you could look inside and see what's
on my mind."   ~~Dave Matthews

Jacob E. Anderson
Graduate Student
New Mexico State University