[Eeglablist] new

Midhat Ali midhatali at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 23:45:35 PDT 2007

Dear Latiff

Self organizing maps are included in Matlab neural networks toolbox.
FFT related functions are in the matlab Signal processing toolbox.
These toolboxes are bundeled with most distrbutions of matlab. if you
are specifically going for EEG processing, also download and try out
the EEGLAB toolbox.

Octave is a free and open source alternative to matlab. I have never
used it personally but it is said to be as good as matlab and
compatible with existing matlab code. Also try that out before you or
your organization invests in matlab.

Regards

Midhat Ali
National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan