[Eeglablist] re-referencing

Sarnthein Johannes Johannes.Sarnthein at usz.ch
Thu May 10 00:13:05 PDT 2007

Dear Nikolai,

we do exactly the same thing you want to do.
These are the lines that you need for your script
(I don't remember the GUI-buttons to be clicked):

% re-references 61 cephalic channels to (M1+M2)/2: chans 40 and 60;
% excludes bipolar channels 62:64 from re-referencing
EEG.data = reref(EEG.data, [40 60], 'method', 'withref', 'refloc',{
'CPz',180,0.1},...
'exclude', [62:64],'keepref', 'off');
% assigns new electrode labels and coordinates
EEG.chanlocs=pop_chanedit(EEG.chanlocs, 'load',{ 'fms63.loc',
'filetype',''});

The file fms63.loc contains the new electrode listing.
Be aware that the data from CPz now appear at EEG.data(end,:).
This means that you have to label your last EEG trace with CPz
and assign the according coordinates in fms63.loc.
(I had tried for some days to get the trace of CPz between CP1 and CP2
but finally gave up).

Best,
Johannes