[Eeglablist] setting a common 'powbase'

Matt Valley mtv2101 at columbia.edu
Wed May 30 15:11:41 PDT 2007

Hello,
I would like to use a common baseline for multiple ERSP calculations of
epoched
single-channel data.  Specifically, i want to use the 2-sec baseline
region from
one epoched dataset as the baseline for all my other epoched datasets.

My attempts so far have been to produce a [new_powbase] matrix using the
desired baseline waveform (it is automatically double and complex), and
then to enter
'powbase', [new_powbase], as an optional FFT/DFT parameter for all the
rest of my ersp calculations.
Unfortunately this creates an error message saying that matlab cannot
plot imaginary numbers (unbelievable!).

from the timef.m file, it looks like the paramater 'powbase' should be a
number,
not a matrix name.

if isnan(g.powbase)
  myprintf(g.verbose,'\nComputing the mean baseline spectrum\n');
  mbase = mean(P(:,baseln),2)';
else
  myprintf(g.verbose,'Using the input baseline spectrum\n');
  mbase = g.powbase;
end

How can i make this 'powbase' value refer to the [new_powbase] matrix of
baseline
ersp power that i have created?

Thanks for your help
Matt