[Eeglablist] EEG Alpha Asymmetry

John J.B. Allen jallen at u.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 8 06:34:31 PDT 2007

Dear Gregor

One thing to add:  typically you'd take the natural log of each site
before subtraction.  And instead of left minus right, it's usually
taken as right minus left. In Matlab, log takes the natural log.  So
altering the code below, the asymmetry line would reflect these
changes as follows:

asymmetry = log(spec_y(alpha_ind)) - Log(spec_x(alpha_ind))   %
Asymmetry is the difference in the natural logs

Hope this is helpful

John