[Eeglablist] ICA questions

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Mon Aug 27 10:41:45 PDT 2007

>> 2. Is it possible to compare groups of subjects or perform
>> a correlational analysis (say, correlate eeg and
>> personality measures) using ICA (given that in each
>> subject IC are individual)? I realize that clastering may
>> help to combine components of a sample of subjects into
>> chimerical "subjects" and thus get round the problem, but
>> it does not help when individual differences are of
>> interest. Could you please suggest a possible solution or
>> give relevant references? Receiving a pdf copy of relevant
>> paper would be particularly appreciated.

This is the reason why we have developed the clustering features of
EEGLAB, to be able to regroup components across subjects. You should
check out the part of the tutorial that deals with clustering
independent components across subjects. The first paragraphs explains
the rational of clustering components.

http://www.sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/clusttut/clustertut.html