[Eeglablist] interpolating bad channels (eeg_interp() )

Jane Aspell jane.aspell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 07:09:24 PDT 2007

hi again
thanks a lot for your help with my earlier problem.
i have some bad channels in my data, but different bad channels for
different subjects, so need to interpolate them. i have come across the
function eeg_interp() but can't find much info on how to use it and can't
get it to work. the script begins as pasted below. do i need to first
declare somewhere what 'bad_elec', 'method' and 'ORIEEG' are (what does
ORIEEG refer to?!) or perform any other preparatory steps?
or does anyone knows an easier method than this?...
any help is much appreciated!
jane

%eeg_interp() - interpolate data channels
%
% Usage: EEGOUT = eeg_interp(EEG, badchans, method);
%
% Inputs:
%     EEG      - EEGLAB dataset
%     badchans - [integer array] indices of channels to interpolate.
%                For instance, these channels might be bad.
%                [chanlocs structure] channel location structure containing
%                either locations of channels to interpolate or a full
%                channel structure (missing channels in the current
%                dataset are interpolated).
%     method   - [string] griddata method used for interpolation
%                (default is 'invdist')
%
% Output:
%     EEGOUT   - data set with bad electrode data replaced by
%                interpolated data
%

% $Log: eeg_interp.m,v $

function EEG = eeg_interp(ORIEEG, bad_elec, method)

    EEG = ORIEEG;
    if nargin < 2
        help eeg_interp;
        return;