[Eeglablist] RE : ERSP comparisons

Andre Achim achim.andre at uqam.ca
Thu Oct 18 12:25:59 PDT 2007

To test whether paired data differ across channels at a given time, across
time at a given channel or across both channels and time, you may use the
attached function that implements the PC1 test that I developed. The
reference is in the function's comments.
I packaged the function extractPC1 that I use to extract only the first
principal component within this PC1 function for simplicity of transmitting.
It coiuld be extracted if needed. You need the statistical toolbox;
otherwise, remove parameter p and the call to TCDF.

This is essentially a signal detection test and it may be, for instance, on
the individual sweeps form a given channel (or set of channels) in a given
condition in a given subject to decide whether that channel contains signal
for that condition in that subject or whether these data behave as
consisting of noise only.

I use another function based on the first two princial components to
compared two independent sets of data (two groups of subjects or single
sweeps from two conditions within a single subject).

Andre Achim
Universite du Quebec a Montreal (UQAM)