[Eeglablist] Baseline problem

neha bhutani neha.brain at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:59:45 PDT 2007

Dear users,
 I am very new to the EEG recordings. I am working on the presaccadic
potentials and am not able to understand some of the very basic problems. It
would be of great help if any one of you can kindly help me with it. In my
recordings after a saccade is over the hEOG channel activity doesnot come to
the baseline. When I plotted the whole hEOG channel in MATLAB I found a
constant drift in the hEOG channel. Is this normal to happen? Or if not,
then what measures should I take to remove this drift?
 Moreover when I try to analyze my data I find most of my channels being
contaminated with the very high saccadic potentials. How should I proceed to
ensure that I am able to correctly remove this contamination from the other
channels and still get the presaccadic potentials?
One more thing which I want to ask is, that since in my recordings, there is
no input to the system when the subject is making a response (in the dat
file) how should I proceed to calculate the reaction times, as I want to
separate my trials based on slow and fast reaction times?
I would be happy if any one can give comments and suggestions regarding my
problems.
Thanks in advance.

--
Neha Bhutani