[Eeglablist] line noise removal issues

Diane Whitmer dwhitmer at biomail.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 12 10:02:37 PST 2007

Another method is to use a sliding multi-taper power spectral estimate
with a huge padding factor, estimate the amplitude and phase for each
window, and then subtract off this reconstructed sine wave.
There's free code from www.chronux.org, including an F-statistic to
determine which sinusoidal oscillations are statistically significant.

Here's a relevant references:
Mitra & Pesaran, Biophys J., 1999

-Diane

Doctoral Student
Graduate Program in Computational Neurobiology
University of California, San Diego
http://sccn.ucsd.edu