[Eeglablist] ICA with 128 channels

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 19:14:06 PDT 2008

Maria - The first question is how much data you are decomposing... e.g. With
4x the number of channels, you should use > 16x the data length in the
decomposition... For 128 channels, you should use >>128^2*20 (320k) time
points. At 250 Hz sampling rate, that would be at least 15 min or more of
continuous data or data epochs... One might say (poetically) that the
sources need this much data to express their independence...

Scott Makeig

--
Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of