[Eeglablist] How to read large neuroscan dataset in eeglab?

arno delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 24 19:51:58 PST 2008

Dear Xiaoyun,

there is no obvious solution to this problem. In the latest EEGLAB
version (currently only in house) we have memory mapping which means
that the data stays on disk. However, even in this version you would
not be able to import your dataset because Matlab has first to import
the full dataset in memory and then to save it. The trick would be to
rewrite part of the loadcnt.m function so that the data is rewritten
on disk in a standard float file as it is being read (float32 format).

Unfortunately unless someone is motivated to undertake this, it will
not be implemented. It is a matter of a couple hours of programming
and I can guide someone through this if anybody is interested. If you
do it, I can send you the latest in house EEGLAB version so you can
test it further.

Also, it would be good to have this for other popular data formats.

On 18 nov. 08, at 11:44, <liangxiaoyunseu at hotmail.com> <liangxiaoyunseu at hotmail.com