[Eeglablist] Two PhD Positions in Auditory Neuroscience

Matthias Wittfoth wittfoth.matthias at mh-hannover.de
Thu Mar 26 01:30:30 PDT 2009

*Two PhD Positions in Auditory Neuroscience*

We are seeking highly motivated PhD Students to work in the program
"Function and pathophysiology of the auditory system" at the Hannover
Medical School, in Hannover, Germany.
The goal of our group is to investigate neural mechanisms of human
auditory system by using event-related potentials (32-channel system,
Brain Products). Experiments will involve healthy controls, as well as
subjects with cochlear implants (CI). An emphasis will be placed on the
processing of language-related irregularities as well as music
perception. All studies are conducted in collaboration with the Clinic
for Laryngology, Rhinology and Otology.

The research will be conducted at the Hannover Medical School
(http://mh-hannover.de) in Hannover, Germany, which is one of the
world's leading university medical centers. Our research and patient
care set national and international standards. We are also part of an
excellent regional medical network. Our outstanding success in
interdisciplinary collaboration both within the MHH and with extramural
scientific institutions is reflected in the fact that the MHH is the
German medical university with the greatest volume of grant funding.

*PhD positions:*
The candidates must have a master degree (or equivalent) in
neuroscience, medicine, psychology, or a related field. Proficiency in
oral and written English is necessary. PhD students will have the
opportunity to participate in the Center of Systems Neuroscience.

Starting date for all positions is flexible (official teaching classes
start date: October, 1st, 2009), but an earlier start will be supported.
Scholarship will be 1500 €/months.

We seek to increase the number of women in those areas where they are
under-represented and therefore explicitly encourage women to apply. We
are committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially
encourage them to apply.

The *closing date for applications is 15th May 2009* but interested
candidates are encouraged to get in touch at their earliest convenience.

For questions or informal enquiries about these posts please contact Dr.
Matthias Wittfoth: (wittfoth.matthias at mh-hannover.de) +49 (0) 511-532-3578.
Please include the following documents in your application (preferably
in one PDF-file): Curriculum Vitae, names and contact details of two
personal references, a description of your personal qualifications,
future research interests and academic goals.

Applications should be sent to: wittfoth.matthias at mh-hannover.de

or via post to:

Dr. Dipl.-Psych. Matthias Wittfoth

Department of Neurology