[Eeglablist] Postdoctoral Position at UAB

Kristina Visscher visschek at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:47:59 PDT 2009

Postdoctoral Position Available
in Cognitive Neuroscience
at the University of Alabama, Birmingham

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the Visscher
Lab in the Neurobiology Department of the University of Alabama at
Birmingham.

We use functional MRI and EEG techniques to examine how ongoing neural
activity influences behavior, especially memory and attention.

The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in neuroscience,
psychology, engineering, physics or a related discipline.  Proficiency
in programming (we use MATLAB and linux) is a plus.  Previous
experience with fMRI , EEG, and/or behavioral research is desirable.

For more information about the lab, see http://www.neurobiology.uab.edu/Visscher_Lab/home.html
  , email Kristina M. Visscher at  kmv at uab.edu, or call (205)
934-0267.  Interested applicants should email (kmv at uab.edu) a
coverletter, CV and contact information for 3 references.

This position is currently funded for two years.  The appointment is
for one year with the possibility for renewal at the end of the year
based on satisfactory progress.

UAB is consistently ranked as one of the top locations among US
universities for training postdoctoral scholars.  Birmingham is a mid-
sized city located near mountains and rivers and has a cost of living
lower than most metropolitan areas.  See www.postdocs.uab.edu for more
information about UAB and life in Birmingham.