[Eeglablist] EEG database

Indir Jaganjac ijaganjac at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 08:28:02 PST 2009

Hello Assya,

For normal EEG, BCI Competition data are available for download.
BCI Competition III and  BCI Competition IV:

http://www.bbci.de/competition/iii/

http://www.bbci.de/competition/iv/

For epilepsy EEG, a unique EEG database recorded at the Epilepsy Center of the University Hospital of Freiburg, Germany. These are continuous EEG recordings of 21 patients, 24 h per patient, suffering from focal epilepsy (128 channels, 256 Hz sampling rate, 16-bit AD converter, without notch or bandpass filtering).

http://www.fdmold.uni-freiburg.de/EpilepsyData/registration.php
http://www.fdmold.uni-freiburg.de/EpilepsyData/download

These are big EEG files, so out-of-memory problems can occur during loading into Matlab and EEGlab. If you are using 32-bit Windows XP/Vista and 32-bit Matlab, then make sure that you have minimum 3 GB RAM in your PC and add 3GB switch (add /3gb in boot.ini). You can even split each EEG file into 2-3 files with MS Notepad or MS WordPad, before loading into Matlab and EEGlab.

regards,

I. Jaganjac