[Eeglablist] Parallel port (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hairston, W. Dave (Civ, ARL/HRED) dave.hairston at arl.army.mil
Wed Dec 16 14:02:38 PST 2009

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

We have, and unfortunately you are not alone.
There are still a handful of laptops w/ parallel ports - but they are few
and far between, and almost exclusively found on larger "high end" boxes
that target heavy computation etc.

Really your only option is to purchase an add-on parallel card that uses the
PCMCIA bus or PCIExpress. They can be had w/o costing too much.

A note - there are USB-based parallel "converters" - but these DO NOT WORK
for this kind of use, Windows etc still views it as a serial device.