[Eeglablist] Parallel port

Andrew Hill andrewhill at ucla.edu
Thu Dec 17 12:20:42 PST 2009

USB to parallel adaptors have pretty poor latency, and what is worse, it's not a consistent latency, and will have variability ranging from 8-50ms or more, depending on other factors.  This isn't usable for inserting ERP codes into an EEG record, obviously.

A laptop with a ExpressCard slot can take a parallel adaptor, or Ido may be able to use an ethernet-to-parallel adaptor and modify the script to use that instead of parallel to send the event codes.

Best,
Andrew