[Eeglablist] ICA decomposition of possibly 2 different conditions....

Ilya Adamchic dr.ilya at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 14:18:30 PST 2010

Dear Julie,
thank you a lot for your comment. From my experience, you are right about the
amount of data needed for a nice decomposition. I have tried so far with less
amount of data (about 6 min with 1kHz sampling rate, which gave me a weight
factor of about 21) and did not get a perfect decomposition (used it, to get
rid of EMG from my EEG recording, and EMG components still contained quite a
lot of "neuro" activity). Now will try more data, the only constrain,
is the memory of the computer needed for MATLAB (working now on this problem).
Thanks
again for your time.
Best
regards,