[Eeglablist] non-EEG channel

Francesco Vespignani francesco.vespignani at unitn.it
Fri Mar 26 05:24:09 PDT 2010

Dear users and developers,
I'm wondering about the possibility to include in the EEG dataset
structure non-EEG channels that contains other signals such as EMG, SC,
voice recordings, eye coordinate ... (same sampling rate or resampled
according to the EEG data) that could be epoched and averaged but
systematically excluded from ICA, filtering, mapping and other
EEG-specific computations and maybe have a descriptor field about the
type unit of the measure.
Clearly it is possible to workaround by assigning no channel location
property to these channels and exclude them in every EEG-specific
operation. But it could be useful to have a way to automatically do all
this. Are there plans for implementing something like this or does this
possibility already exists (and I did not found it ....)?
Thanks in advance

Francesco Vespignani