[Eeglablist] Retreive detailed event info for EGI epoched recordings

Paweł Augustynowicz pawel.augustynowicz at gmail.com
Wed May 12 12:03:32 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I have a short question about import data from EGI simple binary file format
with events. By default, EEGLAB imports EGI's simple binary with events, but
in only one dimension. I mean, that I can see only the name of the event.
Additional data (event fields) are not imported. Does anyone have an idea of
how to attach this data do EEGLAB? I assume that this information is written
in additional channels. But EEGLAB deletes all of these channels except one
with the basic info.
I tried to insert this data manually, by there is another problem. I have a
few epochs in original NetStation recording. These epochs are essential
because of the experiment design (experiment is too long and we have to do
breaks). When I export this data from NetStation as simple binary, this file
is being broken into files representing epochs in original recording. I can
import this bunch of files with pop_readsegegi command. This function does
the job well, except one little bug: NetStation counts time from the
beginning of the experiment. Pauses during the recording are treated as the
beginning of epochs. In EEGLAB all epochs have continuous time, so there is
no possibility to attach events exported from NetStation, because the time
after the first epoch is different.

Does anyone ran on these problems and managed to resolve it?

Regards,
Pawel Augustynowicz
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin