[Eeglablist] Retreive detailed event info for EGI epoched recordings

Jason Ralph ralphj at rpi.edu
Fri May 14 07:21:14 PDT 2010

We have the same problem.

There are 2 solutions:

*Solution #1*

1. Export .raw file.

2. Create a waveform tool to export events. Select relative time.

3. In Excel (or write a script), convert NetStation's funky time format to
seconds.milliseconds.
4. Import .raw file into EEGLAB
5. Import events into EEGLAB (import events from matlab array or text file)
Your formatted event text file must have the fields type and latency, but
you can add any additional fields desired.

If you need help, we have written scripts to semi-automate this process.

*Solution # 2*

1.  Purchase Amp Server Pro SDK from EGI for $8,000.  ASPSDK allows you to
capture EGI's data without using NetStation
2.  Acquire data directly into BCI2000 or Matlab  itself.
3.  Never use NetStation again!!!!

We've been using solution 1 for some time, but are seriously considering
solution 2.

2010/5/12 Paweł Augustynowicz <pawel.augustynowicz at gmail.com>

>  Dear All,
>

> I have a short question about import data from EGI simple binary file
> format with events. By default, EEGLAB imports EGI's simple binary with
> events, but in only one dimension. I mean, that I can see only the name of
> the event. Additional data (event fields) are not imported. Does anyone have
> an idea of how to attach this data do EEGLAB? I assume that this information
> is written in additional channels. But EEGLAB deletes all of these channels
> except one with the basic info.
>
> I tried to insert this data manually, by there is another problem. I have a
> few epochs in original NetStation recording. These epochs are essential
> because of the experiment design (experiment is too long and we have to do
> breaks). When I export this data from NetStation as simple binary, this file
> is being broken into files representing epochs in original recording. I can
> import this bunch of files with pop_readsegegi command. This function does
> the job well, except one little bug: NetStation counts time from the
> beginning of the experiment. Pauses during the recording are treated as the
> beginning of epochs. In EEGLAB all epochs have continuous time, so there is
> no possibility to attach events exported from NetStation, because the time
> after the first epoch is different.
>

> Does anyone ran on these problems and managed to resolve it?
>

> Regards,
>
> Pawel Augustynowicz
>
> The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin

Jason Ralph
CogWorks Laboratory
Cognitive Science Department
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute