[Eeglablist] artifacts in time freq plots

Makoto Miyakoshi mataothefifth at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Jun 3 19:14:54 PDT 2010

Dear Ondrej and Arno,

Yes. When I read your command line I actually missed that you used the
optional input 'basenorm' which I have never used. I should have been more
careful to check the input parameters before seeing the results. I
apologize that my initial comment was misleading too.

One thing I also notice is that you used 'nfreqs' and 'padratio' togetehr
but they are mutually exclusive and nfreqs is used when both are input.

This is suggestion for Arno, but is it possible in future to show what is
actually calculated in what way when presenting the figure, especially when
optional parameters are used? I know newtimef shows input parameters and
calculation processes, but I mean for the sake of drawing attention of new
users (and careless user like me) it may be helpful to present additional
lines like 'Caution: basenorm is on; the shown result is devided by
deviation of baseline period' or 'Caution: nfreqs and padratio are both
input; nfreqs is used and padratio is neglected'. I know these rules are
written in the help lines, but just for enabling a quick check.

Makoto