[Eeglablist] Difference between ITC and Channel Cross-Coherence?

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Sun Jul 11 11:14:45 PDT 2010

Hi Nick,

Cross-coherence and ITC both relate to the consistency of phase angle
from trial to trial at each time point and frequency. The only
difference is that ITC represents the consistency of the phase angle
FOR A SINGLE SIGNAL across trials for each time point and frequency,
while channel or IC cross-coherence represents the consistency of the
phase angle DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO SIGNALS across trials for each time
point and frequency.

James Desjardins
Technician, MA Student
Department of Psychology, Behavioural Neuroscience
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab
Brock University
St. Catharines, ON, Canada