[Eeglablist] Eye movement artifact in ICA - missing coordinates for EOG electrodes

Evans, Ian D. ievans at une.edu.au
Thu Sep 2 23:42:55 PDT 2010

Greetings all! I'm trying to isolate eye movement artifact with ICA in an
attempt to make EOG correction more accurate and hopefully remove less of
the genuine underlying data that regression methods might otherwise remove,
however I am having trouble tracking down a satisfactory scalp map that
includes co-ordinates (Cartesian, 2D polar, 3D cylindrical) for the EOG
electrodes on the face. Neither Neuroscan nor any setup or .loc files in
EEGLab seem to provide these details, and all attempts to isolate eye
movement in ICA without the location of the eye movement electrodes have
been met with mocking laughter.

The recordings have already been made on a 64-channel cap with six EOG
electrodes (one above and below each eye, another beside each eye for
horizontal eye movement) using the traditional 10-20 system. All
co-ordinates for the scalp are already at hand, just the facial electrodes
are needed. If anyone can make such a coordinate map available it would be
most helpful, thank you kindly!

Ian Evans
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience
University of New England.