[Eeglablist] Conducting ICA on correct or all epochs

David Groppe dgroppe at cogsci.ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 11 07:33:28 PST 2010

Hi Baris,
   ICA's performance will generally degrade as the number of
electrical sources increases (see
http://www.cogsci.ucsd.edu/~dgroppe/PUBLICATIONS/GroppeCSO2008.pdf).
The incorrect trials probably have some EEG activity not present (or
at least less present) in the correct trials.  So if you have
sufficient data to run ICA on just the correct trials, it would
probably be better just to use the correct trials.  If you don't have
enough data using just the correct trials though, you'll probably be
fine using the all the trials, since surely a lot of the EEG activity
is common to both sets of trials.
         hope this helps,
             -David Groppe