[Eeglablist] modifying head model for children in dipfit2

Dorothy Bishop dorothy.bishop at psy.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 30 00:01:46 PST 2010

I am learning to use Dipfit2 with eeglab9_0_4_5s.

All works well if I accept default head model.

I would like, however, to modify the head model for children.

I followed the instructions for doing this that I found in:

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2007/001690.html

I kept everything the same as for spherical 4 shell model, except that I subsituted a new head model file with altered vol.r values to correspond to 8 yr old child. I also, on advice from a colleague, made

vol.c(3)=.0084

Output coordinates default to MNI when you select custom model file, and I kept this.

I then went to Edit Channel locations to set head radius to be same as last vol.r value, i.e. 70.3

I then ran autofit dipoles , specifying 'fit bilateral dipoles'.

But I end up with single dipoles in the middle of the head.

I am not sure if the problem is with my model specification, or whether there is a bug, and would be grateful for advice.

thanks

Dorothy Bishop, Professor of Developmental Neuropsychology,
Dept of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, OX1 3UD.
tel +44 (0)1865 271369; fax +44 (0)1865 281255;
WEB: http://www.psy.ox.ac.uk/oscci/
Blog: http://deevybee.blogspot.com/